bLACK SUPPLIER READINESS CONFERENCE
TUESDAY 19 MAY 2020
Chair’s Opening Remarks
Know Your Business: How to Prepare Your Business to be Contract ‘Ready’
– Developing a working formula (right time, right quality, right price)
– Maintaining Profitability (sustainability)
– Making your business attractive to buyers in the public or corporate development
How to Better Access Development Finance: What are the Development Finance Institutions Looking for Before Funding?
– You are your credit’s worst nightmare – You can’t say the business has its own credit life!
– A Business Plan does not equal automatic funding – Financial history and ability to deliver does
– Build a good financial management routine to attract funding opportunity
How to Better Access Your Market: Understanding Market Demand (Private and Public Sector) and How You Become the Preferred Supplier
– Positioning your organisation in accordance with the buyer’s demands
– Answering ‘Questions’ or closing the ‘Gaps’ in the market (don’t be a sheep – Innovate)
– Know your legislation: How do you leverage on the provisions made possible through BEE and PPPFA?
Use Technology to Stay Ahead of Your Business Peers: How You Can Use Digital Tools to Enhance Your Competitive Advantage
– Digital presence – are you technologically relevant, and reachable
– Using technology to achieve business efficiency (Financial systems, Payroll, Time management, Project management)
MID-MORNING REFRESHMENTS AND NETWORKING
Panel discussion: Grow your business: How to start, grow and sustain a small business in tough economic times
– How to remain in a corporate and government supply chains
– How to develop into a self sustaining supplier
– How do you as a business drive your own growth
LUNCH AND CLOSE OF SMART SUPPLIER CONFERENCE